Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Witch

I want to shoot 20,000 frames this year. In the first 44 days, I took 3043 frames. If I continue at this rate, I'll be bagging 25K frames by the end of the year. So some days, I simply have to take what's available. And today I was lucky with my precious neighbor's toys...the kind I can share...

Meet The Witch

A softbox at 7ft high, 4ft away from the subject, bounced off the ceiling, about 30deg to the camera right. Camera hand-held at ISO100, 1/250 (sync speed) at f/5.6 with a 60mm 2.8 macro.
















The puppet is hanging from the ceiling. I gave it a little turning move to the right to get some action effect.














Here's another one. I took this with a 20mm f/2.8 and then cropped it to frame it properly. Again this series is shot without control of the frame, as the camera was hand-held up high, without the live view or the view finder. Lighting is the same for all the shots in the series.






















This is how I ended the session....with a calm, deep feeling of this....

No comments: