Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Power Of Light

It's been a while since I updated this blog. I've been lazy with it, but I have been very hardworking with shooting bit. I shot about 13thousand frames so far this year. It will be difficult, but I will try to reach my resolution.....20thousand frames in 2010.

The more I mess with off-camera flash thing, the more I realize how difficult it is to deal with all those equipment out on the field, where there is practically seconds of availability. I cannot even imagine how more difficult photojournalism or being a war photographer can be.

Taking this pretty and serene view needed luck.







 I had an old,  really old, Vivitar Series I 70-210mm f/3.5 manual focus, manual everything, non-VR lens on a D700, pushed to ISO 1600 to catch the ambient light, but yet to maintain relatively faster shutter speed.  So focusing a few kilos without a tripod in a jeep is tough. It becomes impossible, when you add the hand-held flash unit to it. So I needed either a clamp or a human to assist me position and keep fixed the SB900 with a flash-beamer attached to it for longer range (which ended up unnecessary and bad quality light.) For some I used a Justin-clamp to attach the flash to the roof bar of the jeep and for some urgent moments, I asked my friends to hold the flash. Exposure was 1/60, no aperture was recorded in the Exif, as  it was manual. But I would guess at least f/8.

Hope to update this more often....not that anybody reads it, but for my own sake :)

No comments: